This weekend your children brought their TWAS and Weekender books home for the first time. I thought that it was only fair for me to complete a "Weekender" as well... so here it goes. I spent this weekend with family and friends. My husband's grandmother celebrated her 80th birthday on Saturday with a party at the town hall in Whitemouth, MB. We went out to Whitemouth for the day to help with the party and celebrate with Grandma Jeannie. On Sunday, my husband and I had another celebration (sort of) at our house. Each year on the first weekend of the NFL season, our friends come over to our place for "Meat Day". "Meat Day" is an annual tradition that began 4 years ago in our house. Basically, we visit, watch football, and eat a lot of meat! I am not much of a cook (before I met my husband I ate cereal for supper most nights!), so I stick to dishes duty. I LOVE to bake and so each year I make the (meat-free) dessert. See you tomorrow!
Here are a couple of pictures of this year's treat (mini-burger cupcake ice cream sandwiches):
thos wer funey looking cupcakes.
ReplyDeletelove kaelan
These are awesome! Had to laugh as I made sliders for dinner on Friday night and they had bacon & cheese in the middle - Kaelan loved them! I think he might prefer your burgers over mine if given a choice though!!
Tania