Our vermiworms have finally arrived and they've been busy!
Here is how we made their home:
We first put soil in the bucket.
Then we put crushed up seashells/eggshells.
We had to put shredded Newspaper and shredded office paper.
We had to move the newspaper and put the worms.
Amy and Tristan moved the worms around.
We had a few escapes.
Some people thought it was gross.
They don't like onions or citrus fruit.
They like cut up Apples.
They also like vegetable and fruit scraps.
They don't like Meat or Dairy products.
They are vegetarians.
There like picky eaters.
By Amy and Jadyn.




Good afternoon Mrs. Malkoske's class !
ReplyDeleteIt sure was great to see you all this morning and I really appreciated you telling me so many things about the VERMIWORMS.
I can see that you did alot of work preparing a nice home for the vermiworms and that you know what to feed them and how to give them water to keep them healthy.
Are any of you picky eaters like the vermiworms?
I have a question for all of you and Mrs. Malkoske......in the summer time, could I put these worms in my vegetable garden or would they eat all my vegetables?
I enjoyed talking to all of you and congratulations on doing such a great job with your vermiworm project.
Feel free to Skype me again when you are doing such a neat project.
Love,
Gigi (Mrs. Malkoske's dad)